New business results for the six months ended 31 December 2020
Hansard Global plc (“Hansard” or “the Group”), the specialist long-term savings provider, issues its new business results for the six months ended 31 December 2020 (“H1 2021”). The three months ended 31 December 2020 are referred to as “Q2 2021” throughout this document.
- Business remains resilient and well-diversified in the face of the continued challenges of Covid-19;
- New business for the Group for Q2 2021 was £42.1m in PVNBP (“Present Value of New Business Premiums”) terms, compared to £44.3m in Q2 2020 (down 5.0%) and £34.2m in Q1 2021 (up 23.1%);
- New business for H1 2021 was £76.3m compared to £80.1m in H1 2020 (down 4.7%);
- Assets under administration were £1.167 billion at 31 December 2020 compared to £1.100 billion at 30 September 2020 (up 6.1%);
- Launch of our Japanese proposition remains on target for Spring 2021.
GORDON MARR, GROUP CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, COMMENTED:
“Our new business performance during the six-month period is broadly unchanged, as it continues to be affected by the global pandemic. However, while sales activity remains challenging, we continue to deploy and utilise our technology and customer service strengths to assist our brokers and clients wherever possible.
We continue to invest for the future through the on-going development of our Japanese proposition and the upgrade of our systems environment. While Covid-19 presents challenges to the implementation of these projects, the launch of our Japanese proposition with our first distribution partner remains on track for Spring 2021.”
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: