Hansard is an official partner of Biosphere Isle of Man
We are proud to announce that Hansard has recently become an official partner of the Biosphere Isle of Man programme. This programme supports the invaluable work that is done to allow the Isle of Man to maintain its UNESCO Biosphere status.
For more information on the programme and how it aims to achieve a sustainable future, visit https://www.biosphere.im/
What we are doing:
Hansard has a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) strategy in place to guide our internal and external activities.
Although in its infancy, the strategy has driven numerous initiatives already, with the aim of creating accountability for our impact on society and the environment.
- Supports local charities across several different areas of sustainability including the environment and wellbeing.
- Is a corporate member of Manx Wildlife Trust, supporting local initiatives. We recently sponsored a local micro-forest at a local primary school, where our staff teamed up with families at the school to help re-develop the play field and plant trees.
- Sponsors a Manx Wildlife Trust Marine Ranger who is currently co-ordinating the restoration of a seagrass bed in Port Erin.
- Encourages all employees to support local & environmental initiatives by allocating CSR volunteering hours.
- Moved to a new Head Office that had completed an environment-focussed renovation building which included the installation of motion sensor lights, new double-glazed windows, and an efficient heating system.
- Uses recycled paper for printing.
Hansard’s aim is to work towards becoming Net Zero by 2040. As part of the CSR strategy, Hansard will work to:
- Enhance its investment proposition to allow its clients to better understand the impact of their investments on the world and to provide them with more sustainable investment options.
- Where possible, give employees access to office stationery that is sustainable or recycled.
- Encourage and support young people in pursuing STEM subjects and careers.
- Explore ways to reduce the company’s & our employees’ carbon footprint.
- Continue to support good causes through donations and volunteering.
- Collaborate with suppliers to align sustainability goals.
- Continue to find ways to reduce waste.