Financial Accountant (6 Month Contract)
We are currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant to work within the Finance department, and specifically the Financial Reporting workstream. The Financial Reporting workstream is responsible for the accurate and timely production of financial information including, statutory reporting, regulatory reporting, tax reporting, management reporting (including expense reporting, management accounts and board reporting), as well as being central to audit activity for the group. As part of the finance function the Financial Reporting workstream also plays a significant role in respect of the financial control framework and risk management.
This role may be asked to support all activity within the Financial Reporting workstream but would be specifically focussed on expense reporting. The role requires a professional accounting qualification and will require a knowledge of audit processes and practices as it will be a key point of contact for the Group’s external auditors.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, versatile and a team player. The role will require an involvement in a number of processing and reporting activities, either supporting senior members of the team or taking the lead on activity, as required. An ability to work within a busy and varied Finance team and to provide support at a variety of levels is essential.
- Be a key player in the Group’s monthly accounting processes, including the timely preparation of management accounts and management reporting, including control aspects such as reconciliations and reviews.
- Support the Group’s audit processes. This would include liaising with auditors, dealing with audit queries and contributing to the timely completion of the audit.
- Support the Group’s statutory, regulatory and tax reporting processes, taking the lead on specific pieces of work as directed.
- Contribute to the continual improvement and development of the financial control processes to ensure the highest standards are maintained and that changes in legal and regulatory requirements are appropriately included into processes.
- Preparation and submission of VAT & Tax reporting supporting multiple jurisdictions.
- Provide support and assistance to the wider finance team.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this or any of our other vacancies, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.orgContact us